Montana De La Rosa is flying up the UFC Flyweight division rankings and by the end of the year could have a title contention fight. Montana has been on a submission tear, with her last five wins via the submission. Montana is married to Mark the Bumblebee also a UFC Fighter which makes up a lot of fun times at the dinner table. Montana is one of the best female flyweights in the world but maybe more important a kick ass mom! So let’s get Bananas and ask Montana De La Rosa her five questions.
1. How did it feel to get a sweet submission at UFC 234, that was headlined by the legend Anderson Silva?
Montana De La Rosa: It was amazing, I loved going to another country and doing what I love on the biggest platform in MMA.
2. Where do you think you stand in the UFC women’s flyweight division?
Montana De La Rosa: I believe I’m right there with the top 10 in the world and I can’t wait to claim the belt in the next year or two.
3. How did you get into Mix Martial Arts?
Montana De La Rosa: I got in Mix Martial Arts after wrestling in high school. My dad brought me to a jiu jitsu gym where they had a few local fighter’s he wanted me to try it out!
4. Do you think it’s a advantage to be married to someone who is also a UFC Fighter?
Montana De La Rosa: I think it’s an advantage because we both have the same lifestyle and can push each other to become better every day.
5. How do you interchange being an amazing mother but, also a bad ass fighter?
Montana De La Rosa: My daughter makes me a bad ass fighter. Having her at a young age taught me to be disciplined, manage my time, and helps me zone in on my goals.
Follow Montana De La Rosa on Instagram @montana.delarosa