1. Jamie, how was your experience on Dana White’s Contender Series?
Jaime Alvarez: It was amazing. I put it all on the line and tried to finish a super tough opponent and unfortunately got gassed a bit. No regrets though I knew I needed a finish to get signed so I didn’t want to play it safe.
2. How much of blessing is it to train with some of the best flyweights in the world at American Top Team?
Jaime Alvarez: I’m beyond bless to be born and raised in the Mecca of MMA gyms. My team is the reason behind all my success and with out them I definitely wouldn’t be where I am today.
3. Who is a diamond prospect at ATT & within 2 years will be a mega superstar?
Jaime Alvarez: It’s tough to only say one. There’s nothing but studs at ATT. I’d have to say Adriano Mories. I honestly see him beating Mighty Mouse for the ONE Title and will be put up with the greatest all time flyweights
4. What was your first memory of mix martial arts?
Jaime Alvarez: Definitely watching TUF and saying to my dad I could definitely do that lol. Boy was I wrong. My first months in the gym was spent getting beat up by kids lol.
5. Outside of MMA, what’s one of your favorite things to do?
Jaime Alvarez: I’m a big family man. Love spending time with family outdoors. Beach is definitely my favorite place to be. Love trying new things and getting out of my comfort zone.
David Van Auken, dives into the world of Mix Martial Arts with his unique takes, interview ability and his love of combat sports. David announces, commentates, podcast, talks, debates and writes on the sport of Mix Martial Arts.