Christian “Hollywood” Lohsen is one of the best prospects in Mix Martial Arts, if the UFC had a college system he would be a Heisman Trophy Quaterback. Christian is 6-1 as a professional and his next fight is vs Wesley Golden at Island Fights 53 in Destin, Florida and on UFC Fight Pass. Not only is Christian a submission machine, he is one of the nicest guys on the circuit. If you want to pickup any tips you can head to DarkWolf MMA in DeLand, Florida which he teaches at weekly. Here is Hollywood’s five questions, let’s get Bananas!
- How excited for you upcoming fight vs Wesley Golden at Island Fights 53?
Hollywood: I’m excited for this next fight more just because I haven’t had one in a minute and it’s going to be nice coming back and being on UFC fight pass.
2. With a incredible year of 2018 behind you, what’s your goal in 2019?
Hollywood: The goal this year is to get into the UFC and start working towards the top!
3. Who is someone you watch or train with that you learn the most about your Mix Martial Art game?
Hollywood: It’s hard to single one person out… every person I’ve trained with even if for a day has brought something that I could take away and mix in even if minor.
4. What has been your favorite all time MMA moment?
Hollywood: If I was picking one memory that sticks out more it would probably be my second pro fight where the voting on tapology for predictions said 90% of votes said I’d lose and then I got a first round choke after dropping my opponent in his hometown.
5. Is Lightweight the division you want to be in long term?
Hollywood: Yes lightweight is my home! 145 is impossible healthy for my frame and 170’s are too big for my preference…
Follow Christian Lohsen on Instagram @monkeyjiujitsu